What a blessing each of you are to me! Last Sunday I talked about the incredible opportunity believer baptism is. Let me remind you what they are.
Believer Baptism is an opportunity:
1. To follow the example of Jesus (a disciple is an example of Jesus, our mission at PHCC is to send out 5,000 disciples every week!) (Mark 1:9-11)
2. For God to say “This is my son, my daughter, in him, in her, I am well pleased. (Isn’t my child beautiful, handsome, wonderful! I am so glad you are a part of my family!)” (Mark 1:9-11)
3. To go public as a follower of Christ (Mark 8:38)
4. To build courage (courage is required to mature) (Mark 8:38)
5. For God to prepare us to serve (Galatians 3:27; Acts 2:41)
6. To illustrate my new life as a follower of Jesus Christ (Romans 6:1-4)
7. To discover new power to live a life honoring to God (Romans 6:1-4)
8. For the church to celebrate changed lives! (Revelations 12:10-11; 1 John 5:7-8, 11)
How cool is that? I am so pumped about April 1st. We will celebrate 11 years of ministry at Prairie Heights and 11 years of seeing God change life after life. We will baptize people at both morning celebration services and at a baptismal service on Sunday night, April 1st, at 6:30pm at the MSUM swimming pool. What an incredible day this will be!
Some of you are like the turtle hiding in the bush…waiting…delaying…waiting…hesitating…stalling. Why not obey what God is inviting you to do? There is no joy in life like the joy of an obedient follower of Jesus! Sunday evening there were 50 people at the ministry center sharing their faith stories: growing up, significant moments that turned them away from God and towards God, how they admitted their need for God, their belief in Jesus, and their commitment to know and follow God and His Word! I was in a room with 12 guys…each story was a miracle of grace and mercy and how faithful God is to each of us. There were stories of hurt, anger, bad decisions, distrust of God and His Word and miraculous stories of forgiveness, peace, joy, and connection with God…very inspiring!
I just finished reading through all 50 of the faith stories…wow, GOD is alive and well and is doing FAR MORE than we could ever imagine! I would not be surprised if over 100 people are baptized at PHCC on April 1st!
Have an outstanding week and I look forward to being together on Sunday.